1. Before the installation
1.1- Check the turbocharger
- Check whether the turbocharger model is suitable for the engine.
- Rotate the impeller by hand. If the impeller is stuck or probably rubs against the housing, please find out the reason before installing the turbocharger.
1.2- Check the air inlet pipe and air outlet pipe of the engine
- Check the air filter and clean the filter set. If the filter is not clean or there are impurities/debris, it will cause oil leakage from the turbocharger.
- Check whether there are impurities/debris in the air inlet pipe of the compressor and the air outlet pipe of the engine in front of the turbine in order to prevent impeller damage.
1.3- Check the oil inlet pipe of the turbocharger
- Check the oil filter and replace if necessary. Then fill the filter with clean oil..
- Check the oil inlet pipe of the turbocharger: the pipe must be clean, untwisted or blocked.
- If a sealing gasket is used on the oil inlet of the turbocharger, check whether the gasket is corroded or deformed. If so, please replace the gasket.
- Check whether the engine oil is clean or not. If the engine oil is dirty or
deteriorated, replace the gasket in time.
- Should use the engine oil brand designated by the engine manufacturer.
2. Assembly standards
- Use bolts to secure the inlet flange of the turbine housing to the engine outlet pipe.
- Other parts need to be connected flexibly. For heavy weight components, a bracket is required.
- When installing the turbocharger, the clean engine oil must be injected into the oil inlet for pre-lubrication.
- When installing the turbocharger on the engine, the oil outlet of the middle housing is vertically downward, and in special circumstances the inclination cannot exceed 20°.
-After securing, slightly tighten the screws to secure the middle part of the turbine so that the middle part housing and the turbine housing cannot rotate and move.
- Rotate the compressor housing so that the outlet of the compressor housing can be connected to the engine air inlet pipe.
- After the compressor housing is positioned, slightly tighten the screws securing the compressor housing or V-clamp nuts to prevent the compressor housing and the middle part housing from rotating and moving.
- Remove the turbocharger from the engine, then tighten screws to secure the housing and V-clamp nuts.
- Before connecting the oil inlet pipe of the turbocharger, remember to fill the oil inlet of the turbocharger with lubricating oil, and at the same time rotate the impellers by hand to fill the turbocharger bearing system with lubricating oil and to avoid early wear of the turbocharger.
3. Use turbocharger properly
- After starting the engine and before shutting it down, there must be garanti time of 3-5 minutes to ensure the turbocharger is well lubricated, and the speed is slower and temperature of the turbocharger is lower to prevent overheating, gluing, bearing damage and so on.
- Do not take actions that lead to serious damages for the turbocharger such as sudden acceleration and then shut down the engine.
- Based on a specific operating environment of the vehicle to change the engine filters so as not to affect the operation and the longlife of the turbocharger.
- Do not adjust the pressure parameter and disassemble the bracket of the bypass valve without authorization.
- Do not use actuator parts as carrying handles.
- Do not lift the turbocharger with the push rod of the actuator.
- When there are abnormal noises from the turbocharger, stop using it immeditately and it can only be used after troubleshooting.